Call for Papers
1. Before start
Please, read carefully this document before sending your Abstract.
All abstract must be submitted through the online form in English or Spanish.
There is no limit to the number of abstracts that a same person can submit. However, the selection criteria will consider the balance between the various topics of the Conference.
All presenters should register at the Conference before October 30th, 2018, in order to be included in the program. The communication of accepted Abstracts will be sent by October 15th, so Authors can proceed into registration. Please note that if your Abstract is accepted, you will have to register for the entire Conference.
Presentations can be reprogramed by the Organizing Committee at any time during the Conference depending on the organization needs. Except under exigent circumstances, no applications will be accepted out of date or time. By submitting a summary, you are confirming your availability to attend on any of the days of the Conference.
When presenting your abstract, remember that it is about Gestalt psychotherapy research (See major topics). On the other hand, it is important to remark that the aforementioned research work could be one of the following types:
• Full research: It is possible that the article has not been published yet, but data and results can be reported.
• Ongoing research: the objective, design and how the investigation is conducted can be described.
• Theory, philosophy and sciences that endorse or support the research on Gestalt psychotherapy.
• Methodology of the investigation: presentation of several methods and description of specific methods to achieve a particular results.
Three categories of Presentations will be accepted:
I. Oral presentations or lectures: Consist in the oral presentation of a person over a topic, leaving 15 minutes for final questions. If needed the lecture may include demonstration of practical exercises or instruments use that complement the research. Please note that, whether the presentation takes 1 hour or 1 hour and 45 minutes, you have to include 15 minutes of questions.
II. Poster Presentation: Poster exhibition over investigations performed, in progress or in preparation. Presentation of posters regarding methodologies of the investigation. Posters will be exhibited in the hall of the Conference during the four days.
III. Symposium: Meeting of experts that present and develop a complete topic in a detailed manner through individual, brief and synoptic interventions focused to an auditorium, which will ask questions that the experts should clarify and answer within the 15 final minutes. The Symposiums where the experts are from different centers or countries will be prioritized. The Topic of the Symposium, a summary of the same, the list of speakers, moderator, countries or centers of involved have to be presented by one the presenters. The symposium session should not exceed 1 hour and 45 minutes.
2. Preparing your Abstract
Please consider the followings guidelines when preparing your abstract:
• The abstracts will be limited to a maximum of 300 word in one paragraph and it must consider the question or objective that underlies in the work to be presented plus a resume of the methods, key findings and its conclusions. In addition, you can point out a brief demonstration of exercises or use of instruments as a complement of the research presentation.
• The sender of the abstract must be the author of the presentation. This person will be identify as the author and presenter in the Conference program and will receive all the correspondence related to the abstract. The author and presenter has to be registered at the Conference before October 30th, 2018 in order to include the presentation in the program.
• In case of Oral presentation or lectures, please specify if you required 1 hour or 1:45 for your presentation within the same abstract paragraph.
• Use Capital and small letters in your abstract presentation for names and Institutions, as well as the main body of the text. PLEASE, DO NOT USE CAPITAL LETTER ONLY.
• Please, give format to your title using capital letter for the first word and lowercases for the all subsequent words, except nouns and proper adjectives. The first word after a colon has to be Capital letter. Please, do not include a point in the title.
The scientific committee will choose the lectures, posters and symposiums considering a balance between topics and subtopics of the Conference. The acceptance of all the lectures, posters and symposiums will be notified simultaneously to all authors at the indicated date. Those who receive the acceptance, should confirm their assistance and register for the Conference before the due date.
3. Sending the Abstracts
Abstracts are only admitted through eAbstract reception system, consequently Abstracts send by email or any other means of communication are not considered valid.
3.1 Creation of Author Account on eAbstract: every author have to create their own account to send their abstracts, in order to manage and modify their work until the final deadline. To create your account please PRESS HERE.
3.2 Once you create and activate your account (validation by activation email), you will be able to submit your Abstracts using the following LINK. We suggest saving this link in your favorites for futures visits.
4. Important dates
• June 1st, 2018: Call for Abstracts
• September 15th, 2018: Deadline to submit abstracts
• October 15th, 2018: Notice of abstract acceptance
• October 30th, 2018: Deadline to presenters registration